This program aims at bringing together engineers, clinicians, entrepreneurs and the business community on a single platform to design and innovate in the field of healthcare, biomedical devices, and services to create a social impact.
Entrepreneurs, products, companies in the field of Healthcare
The Curriculum Highlights
The curriculum focuses on biodesign innovation through a structured plan of Product development containing
- Clinical immersion to identify the unmet needs
- Needs filtering and Needs Statement development
- Ideation and brainstorming to develop solutions to the problems
- Implementation: Product Prototyping, Design, Validation
- Regulatory aspects and Intellectual Property
- Business plan development and Strategies for marketing
- The fellows get exposure to experts from clinic, medical device industry, entrepreneurs, IP/ legal and safety and regulatory experts.
- Hands on training on 3-D rapid prototyping for quick designing of products, validation of ideas etc
- A basket of technology electives from IITH to bridge the gaps in expertise related to the project
- The fellows get training on how to form start up /new ventures and writing business plan for their start up and proceed to incubating the companies
- The fellows would present a workable prototype of their idea and present the business plan at the end of the program leading to a startup and pitching to VCs